Friday, September 2, 2011

Weary, yet Rested!

It's one of my favorite times of the week; 5 minute Friday! I'm linking up with Gypsy Mama today and many other bloggy friends to have a five minute, unedited, rant on the topic REST!


Ready!

Set!

Go!

After kissing my husband off to work, and leaving the kids with the grandparents, I was off on my way to class for the evening! I had a test! My mind had been racing all day long with facts of the endocrine system, yet I still felt so unprepared for the exam! My day just got away from me not allowing as much study time as necessary! At the moment I hopped in the car, the word OVERWHELMED, was simply an understatement! You see, I'm type A all the way when it comes to school, and I was feeling extremely disappointed in myself!
Just about that time, I passed by the house of an elderly couple. They were cuddled closely in their outdoor swing, just admiring each other and the beauty of the world around them. Jealousy rushed all over me!( I hate it when it rears it's ugly head. Especially against such innocent people!) I wish I could be cuddled up with my husband on a swing, but life just seems TOO BUSY! It took me a moment to regain composure and discard my wrong feelings toward the poor innocent couple. Then God nudged my heart and gave me a wink!
You see, I know that life is crazy right now for my family! We're adjusting to so many NEW things, but while driving to school that night, God let me know that it was time to REST IN HIM! Truth is, I'm weary and rushed most days, but when I take my time away each day to rest in Him and allow Him to speak to my heart, He lifts my burdens, makes my load much lighter, which allows for me to keep going in His strength! I'm in school right now for a purpose! I want to use my nursing skills as a ministry someday very soon, but even during the hustle and bustle of getting schooling over with while tending to my family, God gives me REST for my soul! Though I wish my body could get a little more of it! For the remaining journey to school, I spent time with the Lord and He gave my soul rest! I think that's the least uptight I've ever been before a test!
As for the Labor Day weekend, I plan on getting some REST! You can look for me and my husband to be curled up on a swing somewhere! (Anybody got a swing we can have? LOL)


Matthew 11:28


    “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Done!

5 comments:

  1. I think I'll snuggle on a swing too. A grand idea. ;) Thanks for the thoughts and best wishes on our degree and ministry with nursing.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture!! and a big AMEN on resting in HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is busy and hectic with little ones at home. But enjoy it. Never begrudge a minute; for soon, before you know it, they will leave for college. Then the house will be so....quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy, do I understand that busy thing. But, bless you, Lindsay...you are working toward something beautiful and something that will bless the Lord's people. So glad He spoke to you of rest and you listened.

    ReplyDelete