Thursday, September 2, 2010

The beginnings of a beautiful mess...

Well, well, well.....I'm finally joining the rest of the world and blogging! I guess journaling is now highly over-rated! Although I will continue to journal, I thought blogging might be a nice idea, especially since I can type a whole lot faster than write!
Now, to begin the story of the Evatt's beautiful mess with me and my wonderful husband, Wesley! As many know, he is my other side! We were just meant for one another and I absolutely cannot think of another that I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I refer to our life as a beautiful mess simply because our lives are always full of circumstances that could easily become a mess in the journey of life; however, we call it all beautiful because the Lord has been with us every step of the way causing us to see the bright side of life. Though we are surrounded by constant realities of life, the peace that we are surrounded by an even greater peace! In short, we love life and can see God at work no matter what the circumstance.
We are very thankful for our three beautiful children; Bella, Nate, and Marleigh! Though they just add to the mess of life at times(literally), it is hard to think of the day that they were not part of our life! As we take the journey of parenthood, we are learning MANY things! We seem to fail everyday in that realm, but boy do they(our children) teach us a lesson or two! It is always fun though to see the days roll arould when something good comes out of them and you know you must be doing something right! Bella, now in k-4, is now saying her own nighttime prayers and it absolutely thrills me to listen in. Her 4year old theology may be a little warped at times, but those prayers sure are precious! Nate, 17 months and wild as a buck, now successfully says, "Amen" after his nighttime prayers, and it melts my heart everytime. And Marleigh, 2 months, well... I just knows she sees angels all around!
So, as one can imagine, life with three little ones and living at a children's home to boot, can get a little hairy at times to say the least, but I wouldn't wish for life to be any different! So, follow along if you dare. I can promise that you will get a good laugh from time to time with the life stories from this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment