Monday, October 24, 2011

You Can Find IT At the Table


In all of her 15 month old strength, Marleigh pushed her chair toward me and climbed in the bucket of the seat. She eagerly tried to place the tray atop of the chair, then continually repeated, "EAT. EAT. EAT"!
I couldn't believe she had the brawn to push the chair, let alone climb up in it! Thirty minutes before scheduled eating time, she all but forced me to prepare lunch early! I gave her juice, hoping to appease her long enough to prepare something. When the juice didn't cut it, I dumped sliced peaches on her tray, and turned to cook my infamous grilled cheese sandwich. I definitely gave her the first sandwich up, even though, by this time, Nate saw the cheese and "needed" to eat as well! What a crazy day! Usually I would beckon them to the table to eat, but on this particular day, they brought themselves.

They were driven.

Driven by hunger.

After giving Marleigh her sandwich, I turned my back on her to prepare one for Nate. Boy did that quieten her down!  The next time I turned around, this is what I saw:

(excuse her messy hair!)


After her hunger was appeased, she found what she really needed the whole time; REST! Her hunger got her to the table to eat, and by eating, she found rest!
What do you find yourself in "need of " today?

Rest? 
Peace? 
Comfort?
Mercy? 
Restoration?

Whatever it is, you can find IT at the table of the Lord! 

 Let your hunger for Him and desire to honor Him, drive you enough just to make it to the table He has prepared for you! Come with an open Word and an open heart, and He will give you what you are most in need of!


"Evatt, party of one...at a table for two, please!"


I may come to His table wallowing in my sorrow, but as long as I come to a table with an open Word before me, He never denies covering me with healing for whatever situations and circumstances I find myself in the middle of. What makes it extra special is that I usually leave with not just enough strength, but more than enough to face my day! I always walk away with an overflowing cup! Whatever I'm in need of, I can find "it" at the table of the Lord!

I want to challenge you all to pull yourself up to the table of the Lord each day and feast on the meat of the Word. Don't just come out of habit, or because "it's the time of day to usually eat". Come out of hunger! Hunger to please Him in all that you do! Hunger to bring glory to His name; a name far above any other! I can promise that you will find what you are in search of, and so much more! Take a break from the chaos of the world and enjoy the company of the table that has been prepared for YOU! Though you come as a party of one, you get to sit at a table for two!


Song of Solomon 2:4
He brought me to the banqueting house,
and his banner over me was love.

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
 3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
 5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
   forever. 



1Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: 
faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.


Yes, I'm on a Kari Jobe kick. Can you tell?


Messy Monday Link-Up
Would you please consider linking up with us today?
Monday's are usually a dreaded day, but our goal is to share encouragement on this seemingly gloomy day, thus making it beautiful!
There aren't many limitations...just link up your favorite post from this past week. Only one rule: It must be encouraging!
If you choose to link up, please use the Messy Monday picture, or the Evatt's Beautiful Mess button to link back to our site!
Let's share from the abundance of our hearts and rejoice with one another.
If you do link up, be sure to check out some of the other linked blogs and show some love to fellow bloggers! 


Linked with:






5 comments:

  1. Too cute. And I love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the background. :)

    This is such a beautiful post. I want to feast with Him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, this is such great encouragement! And love, love, love the video of Marleigh... looks like something for the wedding video WAY, WAY, WAY down the road :) She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your videos. :) I sure do miss those days of grilled cheese and high chairs when I read a sweet story like this one. And, yes--rest. He gives us what we need. Love how you bring these two stories together :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorably cute. Ah, rest. Feeding from His Word does satisfy then lead us into rest. I love your "party of one getting to sit at a table for two." What a blessing! I'm copying it down so I can be blessed again.

    ReplyDelete