Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Frugal Fanny...literally!


I have no idea what started my latest escapade of saving money. Could it be that we pay almost $4 a gallon for gas? Or what about taking my family of 5 out to eat (3 of which are under five), and it still cost around $30(at it’s cheapest)? And don’t even get me started on the recent rise in prices of my nearest and dearest beverage, my little cheerleader in a cup; COFFEE! Let’s face it, Wesley and I are not exactly millionaires, and it was time for a budget overhaul! It IS time to be frugal. I used to be a bit timid of the word “frugal”, but upon further review, it’s not a four letter word after all! The precise definition is: “reflecting economy in the use of recourses”. In layman’s terms: “making lemonade out of lemons”. I could spout out some steam about our economy here lately, but sadly it’s not going to change anything! So, I can be bitter or I can be better! I choose, better! The price of life may continue to skyrocket, but I will do what it takes to maintain the least stressful environment for my kids. Hearing mommy and daddy fuss about money cannot be helpful to ANYONE in the family! We’re determined to not grow sour about it all, but instead, take a few baby steps into making life as sweet as possible for our family. You can call me crazy for my latest coupon and cloth diapering antics, but at the end of the day, I’ll be the one sipping on some sweet lemonade!

1 comment: