Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Other Side of Me...

The other night I was having a particularly emotional end to my day which had also just capped off a very emotionally tiring weekend. Noticing I was super tired and contemplative of things in life, Wesley told me to go on to bed and he would take care of devotions and getting the girls in bed. Although I normally would have jumped on the offer, Marleigh was nowhere near tired at the time and there were still so many things to be done in the house, that I decided to stay up a bit longer. I sat in the living room as Wesley did devotions and the girls scattered to bed. Though so many things raced through my mind at the time, it was as if I was paralyzed in the chair as I held Marleigh in my arms. I had also just come to the realization, because of my growling stomach, that I had been so busy with meetings and chats about the girls that I hadn’t even had a chance to eat dinner. Yet I still just sat! I was pretty much too tired to go to bed! Ever had those kind of moments before? I was also having to recite verses over and over in my head trying to talk myself up a little because I was just feeling inadequate in every way possible. I just wasn’t measuring up the way I needed to for the people around me! Though I don’t like to admit it, I felt like a failure. Just then, my sweet hubby turned the corner with some dinner in his hands. For me, of course! “What a sweet gesture”, I thought. He handed it to me in a rush, as he was trying to get Bella down for the evening. As if taking care of the nighttime routine wasn’t enough, he brought me dinner, and a simple 3x5 note card sat atop of my cup of soup. With the emotions I already had going, my eyes immediately welled with tears, and then the tears started flowing as I read the precious words my hubby wrote to try and lift my spirits. It was a moment, like many others, I will cherish!
The point? I love my husband! He is truly my soul mate! He knows me inside and out and still chooses to love me through it all! Even on my most emotional days, when most men run and hide from their spouses, he stands by me, comforting me along the way! Now, don’t get me wrong. We DO have our moments, but usually he makes me laugh in the midst of them, and we usually realize how stupid our tiffs are. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR MY WESLEY!!!
One of the songs performed in our wedding ceremony was The Other Side of Me by Micheal W. Smith. Everytime I have little moments like the other night that seem to decorate our marriage, I usually will think back to that song. It goes like this:
If they were to write about the story of my life,
They would have to mention you with every page they write.
There’s another side to every story told.
If I were the ocean, you would be the shore,
One without the other one would be needing something more.
We are the shadow and the light.
Always love me
Never leave me now.
Now you are the other side of me.
I have know the emptiness of feeling out of touch
And living life without you here would be living half as much
Casue I’ve a need that only you can fill.
If love were mathematical, you’d understand the sum
To the hearts equation, where one and one makes one
And lonely equals me, minus you!
Don’t know what I would do without him; but with him, the opportunities are endless! I will never cease to thank God for letting our paths connect some 22 years ago. So many great memories now and to come! I LOVE YOU WESLEY! (even if you hate I wrote this post!)

2 comments:

  1. Now my eyes have welled up with tears! It does my heart good to see how very loved my baby brother is and how very much he loves you! It's my honor to call you sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful example!! I love you both!! :)

    ReplyDelete